In 2013, Saskatoon Transit heard from transit riders that they were concerned they had not had the opportunity to provide input into the yearly review before the changes were implemented. In response to this feedback, Saskatoon Transit is introducing a new process to give riders an opportunity to provide feedback on the proposed changes. This is your opportunity to have your say and directly impact the final proposal that will be put forward to City Council.
The 2014 Route Enhancements are based on the key principles of:
• Addressing routes which currently have reliability and capacity issues.
• Streamlining routes so they are more direct and may reduce trip time.
• Adjusting routes to better reflect residents trip needs.
• Increasing service frequency in some areas where passenger numbers are high.
• Adding new services to address new neighbourhoods and provide more efficient and desirable service in existing neighbourhoods.
• Changes that are in line with the principles of the Growing Forward! future transit plan.
The proposed changes for 2014 include adjustments to Routes 1, 3, 4, 5, 11, 14, 21, 22, 23 and 25.
Three new services will be introduced including Route 26, a limited stop service from Fairhaven to downtown and the University and a neighbourhood service for Rosewood.
Residents in Wards 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 9 will be affected by these adjustments. All proposed changes address issues that riders have brought forward about current services.
A more detailed overview of the proposed changes is contained in this proposal document.
You have several opportunities to provide us with your feedback, attend one of our Open House Feedback sessions on March 11th and 12th open house information here or fill out the online survey.